Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dissertation

Welcome to my blog!

I don't know how much time I will have over the next few weeks to put stuff on here as I am currently finishing off my dissertation and doing my final clinical placement for my masters course, but I hope to make a few worthwhile contributions before that's all done and dusted. As 'Nu' Labour saw fit to strangle the health service of vital funds, I may well be on the dole when I qualify as an allied health professional (speech and language therapist). However, at this time, I will have my blog to occupy me. Well, that and the endless list of hobbies and interests I look forward to pursuing again when I regain my free time after 2 years of hard slog!!!

I am currently writing up the results of my ethnomethodological research. I have used Conversation Analysis to interpret my data. Are you still here??? Don't fall asleep! It's quite interesting when you get into it!!!

Okay, I will try not to talk about that kinda stuff.

Have to go now and get stuff ready as I'm starting a clinical placement tomorrow and I have to get up at 5.00am!!! I will be away from home this week too. Oh, the sacrifices I have made for this course!!! It will all be worth it in the end!?!?! No knowledge is wasted, my partner tells me.

Anyway, love and peace to the Climate Camp Protesters! Well done for keeping your cool and keeping it peaceful despite police harassement and mainstream media misreporting and misrepresentation! Your speakers' comments today about being sick of private profit over environmental concern and 'ordinary' people having to take matters on to avert catastrophe were spot on! So too were the statements that any attempt to prevent their pathway to the BAA offices would constitute protection of corporations above protection of the public. I would have been there if it were not for my dissertation.

No comments: